Tender Tip Number 4
Some Easy Expression of Interest Rules
- Remember that the Expression of Interest may not be a simple credentialing exercise. Clients usually expect more.
- Where possible give some innovative solution concepts - clients increasingly require an indication of how you would approach their requirements.
- Avoid giving prices. Clients however are increasingly asking for prices at the Expression of Interest stage. If the competitive process is in two stages which later involves a formal tender, save the price for the tender submission. At this stage, your concept may be insufficiently developed. A reasonable response is to indicate your approach to the issues listed, mentioning factors that would be considered. At all times communicate with the assessment panel to ensure that you do not produce a non-conforming submission.
- Do not present all your key competitive advantages. Information received from the Expression of Interest could be used by your client to help prepare the tender document. You do not want your unique ideas used in the invitation to tender.
- Convince the client of your ability to deliver their requirements - this is of utmost importance at this stage.
- Make sure that your document complies with all requirements as set out in the expression of interest documents. It is easy to get rejected for non compliance.
- Follow the Expression of Interest document closely. Make sure that you give everything that the document requires. Even a small omission at this stage could see your submission rejected.
Winning Competitive Tenders, Do It
Contact Us to purchase